The ITEM team has a unique blend of skills and knowledge gained from over 20 years combined experience working in the field. We have extensive experience of working with employers and clients to:
- create and design employment or placement positions
- assist with organisational policy and procedure, induction and continuing client support
- help clients find and effectively use sources of employment information
- improve clients’ work-readiness, including their work experience, education, qualifications, training needs, temperament, aspirations, career planning.
Our approach involves:
- A holistic view of the individual’s needs, including signposting to support services, social skills development and support to overcome the isolation that can follow being out work for long periods
- Partnerships and contract management to deliver successful projects with ‘prime contractors’, Colleges and the Third Sector.
ITEM’s main employment work has included:
|Assessment of job readiness
Job applications support
Job search support
In-job placement support and development
Co-operative awareness raising
|Assessments (appropriateness to host to a placement and gain new members)
Placement/job role development
Health and Safety/ risk assessment
Client A, who had been out of work for some time (despite have a good level of experience and skill) was referred to ITEM. We were able to develop her CV and find her a placement which eventually resulted with a job offer. ITEM worked with Client X, a recently released ex-offender. Though he had few formal qualifications, he undertook ICT training in prison and developed a new business idea. ITEM was able to negotiate a placement, which enabled Client X to receive work experience and be flexible enough to allow him time to continue to develop his new business.
Inside Track are a great bunch of people. They take the time to find out where you are up to and make you feel part of a whole team working to help you get back in to work., I received] excellent support from their staff. My placement with DEP was just what I needed. I gained new skills and experiences that will help me forge ahead with my job search.” Simon, ITEM Client