ITEM is a co-operative community interest company (CIC) which connects unemployed adults with appropriate employers. We identify and develop work placements and employment opportunities for specific groups of people seeking work by matching their skills with the needs of Co-operatives, Social Enterprises, Third Sector organisations and “socially responsible” businesses who are committed to offering our clients opportunities.
We achieve our aims by:
- Carefully identifying clients blend of skills, knowledge and qualities
- Helping organisations to identify their current and future skills needs
- Supporting and advising organisations to construct a job description, person specification for the role
- Identifying suitable candidates to meet those needs from within our client base or from other sources
- Mentoring the client throughout, developing their skills and enhancing their employability
- Encourage clients to become members of the co-operatives in which they are placed
ITEM takes time to match clients’ skills with the diverse needs of employers. We are careful to work with both potential employers and clients in order to:
- create employment and related opportunities for the employer
- develop the skills of the job seekers and potential employees
Through our close relationship with employers we identify and negotiate opportunities in their workplace and match the skills of our job seekers to those places. We recognise that where employers profit so too will our clients.